Sunday, October 30, 2011

Punkin time

My portly pater familias has carved a delightful Georgia Tech pumpkin, in honor of our crushing defeat of Clemson.
A game, which we are told, was incredible to behold.
A game which, we have heard, was an instant classic.
A game to which neither of us was taken.
My parents chose to go it alone, and "have fun" with their college buddies. WE on the other hand were left with outsourced child rearing, getting all of the same discipline and structure and none of the love. In my parents' defense, they "deserved" a night out and had been looking forward to seeing their friends and reconnecting. Yeah. As if.
I'm sure that their "reconnection" really just amounted to everyone sitting around and lamenting the fact that they are old, tired, and in my father's case, paunchy.
Thanks Mom and Dad. Tomorrow I will be sure to eat so much candy that I go into a sugar shock, spasm, soil myself, and collapse. Just to watch you clean it all up. How's that for a connection?



That is all...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment