Thursday, May 18, 2006

Restaurant Reviews - La Parilla

Today I will continue my extended series, restaurant reviews.

We will focus on the first restaurant I ever went to, La Parilla.

Restaurant: La ParillaLocation: All over Atlanta Metro. Most notably, Dallas Highway at Barrett.
Cost: $
Hours: They're open for lunch and dinner, that's all I know.
Dress: Casual.
Cuisine: Tex Mex

The food is tasty. The help is competent. The music is catchy. The futbol is loud. Dad says the margaritas are delicious. Note me sampling the tortilla chips. I love them so much I bathe in them.

This is a place my father frequents because it is near his work. Mom will only agree to go once a year. She says it's because she has discriminating taste. He says it's because she's a snob. I say it's because when we're there, I can't tell what's happening on the Spanish soap operas they play in the corner. It drives the Waakabee crazy. What has Manuel done to Graciela? And who's the hombre with the killer mustache?

So, I would recommend anything on the menu. I say that because I've never actually eaten here. The last and only time I went, I was knee high to an Olson twin. However, I did eat at MRB shortly after visiting La Parilla, and from what I can remember, it was delightful. So, ole. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. this blog puts yours to shame!!!! http://owenstone.blogspot.com/
    come on wakkabee get with the program! we want videos and stuff on your blog! really your dad is not so technological advanced is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A challenge, fair maiden? I'm sorry, is Owen a boy's name? I couldn't tell - all bald people look the same.

    You may have a flashy background, maybe some nice vids or sounds. But I was born with a full head of hair.

    Suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! Seems like your parents are raising you like a gentleman. Oh yeah, and DON'T BE A PLAYA HATA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete